80,000 Pounds of Beef Stolen From Tennessee Slaughterhouse

Two tractor-trailers got some 80,000 pounds of beef from a slaughterhouse in northeastern Tennessee, and then vanished, the authorities said this week.They can't

determine where the beef is, however a fake trucking company stole sufficient meat to make about 320,000 quarter-pounders, the Grainger County Constable's Office said.The meat was taken from Southeastern Arrangement, a processing plant in Bean Station, Tenn., a town nearly 50 miles northeast of Knoxville. It was unclear when exactly the beef was stolen, however the investigation started on Tuesday.At least two

of the customers of the meat processing plant reported that they had not gotten their deliveries, authorities stated. The 2 around 40,000-pound deliveries were to be sent out to consumers in Kentucky and Michigan, the constable's office said.The shipments

, valued at $350,000, stayed missing since Friday.Last month, in another headline-grabbing food plunder, 100,000 natural eggs were taken from a circulation trailer in Pennsylvania.The eggs, which were estimated to be worth$40,000, were taken at a time when grocery consumers across the country were discovering empty shelves and paying greater costs for eggs. No suspects were recognized and the eggs were not recovered.In November, two trucks with more than 24,000 bottles of tequila brought from Mexico, instead of driving to their location, a warehouse in Pennsylvania, went to parts unknown.In Tennessee, the company that was to

make the beef shipment, List Trucking Sales , was a subcontractor that offered incorrect info to the trucking contractor as well as to Southeastern Provision, authorities stated.

The drivers'recognitions were not examined at the time of the pickup, they said.When the Tennessee-based contractor that coordinated the delivery, MDS Logistics, tried to reach List Trucking Sales, they got no action, authorities said.No authentic organization listings or records might be found for List Trucking Sales.On Friday, no

one answered phone calls positioned to Southeastern Provision, and the business did not appear to have an online presence.A meat company running under that name in the exact same town has made the news before.In April 2018, nearly 100 employees were apprehended in an immigration enforcement raid

at Southeastern Arrangement, leaving lots of households without an income producer. Those employees then filed a suit, stating that the representatives taken part in

racial profiling, illegal searches and arrests.A federal judge granted the workers more than$

1 million in a class-action settlement in 2022. The business's then-owner, James Brantley, pleaded guilty in 2018 to federal charges of tax scams, wire fraud and generating and harboring unlawful immigrants. In 2019, he was sentenced to 18 months in prison and 3 years of

probation. Source

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *